For whatever reason, a lot of my most interesting reading this week has been filled with practical tips for living well. Whenever I find a good thing, I want to share it, so here goes!
1. I discovered a new-to-me blog this week called The Atypical Housewife. To my delight, her Tuesday posts are filled with practical little hints like this to make homemaking just a little bit easier.
2. Since we're transitioning down to one income, I'm trying to save money where possible. In addition, I am trying to use the healthiest items that I can and I've become more conscious over the years of trying to minimize dependence on things with harsh chemicals. Now that I actually have more time to mix up natural house cleaning supplies, I've been looking for recipes and many of these from CHK really deliver. I've especially liked the window/glass cleaner.
3. Speaking of cleaning, Flylady saved my life! I had NO IDEA how to organize myself when I first started really keeping the home. Her system of baby steps and daily assignments (and lots and lots of prayer) helped me start getting my act together.
4. I've gone a little beyond the Flylady system now, and I'm also liking Time-Warp Wife's Housekeeping Schedule. Like Flylady, she breaks everything down into smaller components and I find that system helpful.
5. And when it comes to living well, our first priority needs to be keeping our eyes focused on Christ above all things. While reading the archives of A Wise Woman Build Her Home, I came across this encouraging reminder of that truth.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful, blessed week!
Linked up at: