Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Midweek Links

No theme this week, folks. I've been reading a rather varied stew of stuff!

I felt so moved as I read this piece over at Time-Warp Wife. In very vivid language, Darlene Schacht reminds us why we need a church home. As someone just starting to find a new home base, this felt especially true to me. Also, Darlene closes every blog by reminding readers that, "You are loved by an almighty God," and I just feel a happy little thrill every time I see those words.

Though not much of a drinker, I do cook with beer and wine and over the weekend, I got to try out this yummy beer bread recipe that I stumbled across online. Unlike the original cook, I used Newcastle Ale instead of Corona, but my bread came out fine.

Last week I posted my impressions of the book unPlanned by Abby Johnson. Now I have just seen the news that another abortion clinic director has seen the truth and has left her position with assistance from 40 Days for Life. I know that people find much to condemn in modern society, but I am truly hopeful as I see pro-life sentiment growing, especially among those of us in our 20s and 30s. I pray that this continues!

Though I don't agree with everything I read in Kyria, I do find some gems over there. Since I would count myself as one of the "domestically challenged", I really enjoyed this article about what really matters when showing hospitality to others.

I hope everyone is having a happy and blessed week!

1 comment:

  1. I am really looking enjoying these links-they are very interesting and a great way of finding out about new blogs. I have order uplanned and looking forward to reading it.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete