Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Midweek Links - Healthy Living

I try to buy organic where I can because I want my husband and I to be able to take care of the bodies God gave us. To help do this, I keep track of the "Dirty Dozen" and "Clean Fifteen" lists put out every year that remind us which 12 items we should buy organic if at all possible, and which 15 are safer if we must get them from conventional farming sources. This year's list has been reproduced at Vignettes and I've already copied it to take to the markets with me.

I try to eat healthy, but I also follow my doctor's advice and take multivitamins. I have had problems in the past because a lot of vitamin tablets really upset my stomach. I finally found the perfect solution at a local health food store, so I wanted to share. I now take gummy vitamins! I use the regular multivitamin, but Vitafusion seems to have a whole line of different vitamins available.

I generally stay active by going on long walks, hiking - just generally getting out and staying in motion. However, I also sometimes use more structured exercise routines to stay in shape and take care of the body God has given me. After all, we are not our own. I try to vary up my exercise routine and sometimes browsing these at Woman's Day helps. NOTE: This is not a Christian site, so use discernment here.

I've also been curious about Candice Cameron Bure's book with Darlene Schacht, Reshaping it All. I've read over some of the related blog, but haven't read the book itself yet. I'd be curious to hear what others think so please comment below if you've read it!

Last but not least, in my quest to make life more healthy and nutritious in our home, I found this helpful guide to making recipes more healthful over at Passionate Homemaking.

1 comment:

  1. Candace's book is very good..good practical advice. I make sure my family eats a large salad everyday. Good health is not something to take for granted..

    ReplyDelete