Friday, July 22, 2011

My First Five Minute Friday: Full

I love to write, so when I saw links to The Gypsy Mama's; Five Minute Fridays on various bloggy friends' blogs, I decided to jump in and try it.  After all, what dullness is life if we don't try something new every now and again?

This week's theme is "Full" and here is what I wrote for five minutes with no editing:

Life in Christ is the fullest life can get. We were created to worship our God and there is no one and nothing that fills every space of my life like that relationship. There was a time in my life when I was far too self-centered to see it, but as I look at my life, I see it brimming over with the fullness of God's blessings.

I have been given a loving extended family, a wonderful husband, true and deep friendships, and a life spent learning more about God and about the world each day. Lately when I think of fullness, I think of Scripture and prayer. When my reserves are low, I can turn to these and feel my hunger and thirst satisfied. Sometimes a light is shown into parts of my life I would just as soon leave unillumined, but even so, my life is made fuller as my relationship with God grows deeper and more honest each day.

They say we have to be careful not to pour ourselves out for others. But I have noticed that when I give and do for others as Christ commanded, as I pour out I am also filled up.

2 comments:

  1. "As I pour out I am also filled up." Love that statement! I too have struggled with self centered living and feel that the more I focus on knowing Him and serving Him by pouring myself into others the less my eyes are on me. Really enjoyed reading your first 5 minute Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so true! God values a servant's heart so much! :)

    ReplyDelete