Thursday, July 28, 2011

This Made Me Laugh

For years, I've been using the little NIV Bible my parents gave me when I formally joined my childhood church as a member back when I was 13. However, I've been wanting a study Bible, so after saving up coupons, I picked out an English Standard Version (ESV) study Bible and brought it home.

And here's the part that made me laugh: As I went through the box my new Bible came in, I saw a card that one can send in for a two-year guarantee. God's Word is in need of a human company to guarantee it? Oh, really?! Somehow I don't think perfection really needs any kind of guarantee from us. To be fair, this is probably not the message the publisher intended to send, but it cracked me up nevertheless.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for commenting on my post about losing my kitty, kind words really do help to lift spirits.

    This also made me chuckle! I don't think I've ever gotten a thing to send in for a guarantee on a bible before, but when the time comes to buy a new one, I'll be remembering this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would make me chuckle as well.

    I'm off to enjoy a lovely weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really funny! Yeah I don't think so too...I do enjoy your blog and I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you - who couldn't use a smile each day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the giggle! I'm glad I am not the only one to find humor in things like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for making me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is funny. That should go in the guideposts joke page!

    ReplyDelete