Thursday, July 14, 2011

Tortellini Soup

There are days when I savor that feeling of accomplishment that comes from successfully putting together a complex recipe or making a fancy dinner for my husband. However, there are other days when I just need to get something on the table and I don't have a lot of time. I had repairmen tromping through the house almost all day today, so it was definitely one of those times. This quick soup is good any time of year, is nutritious, and takes almost no time to make.


Tortellini Soup

2 minced garlic cloves (dried minced garlic works in a pinch)
1 T. butter
40-45 ounces vegetable broth (can be homemade or boxed - I try to avoid boullion because it can be very high in sodium)
1 pkg refrigerated cheese tortellini
1 pkg (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained

1. Take thawed spinach out of package and squeeze it dry. Set aside.
2. Saute garlic in butter in a large saucepan until tender.
3. Stir in broth and bring to a boil.
4. Add tortellini; cook 5-6 minutes or until tender.
5. Stir in tomatoes and spinach and heat through.

Note: This is good with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
Another note: As usual, this recipe is for 4-5 servings, but it's easily expandable.

3 comments:

  1. This soup looks sooo yummy!! I love tortellini and seeing this is leaving me wanting some!! Glad grocery shopping is this Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,

    Just noticed your blog from the "A Wise Woman Builds Her Home" giveaway and your comment about transitioning from work to home and came over to check out your blog. Really love what I've read to far and have subscribed. Can't wait to get to read more. I just started my own Christian blog and would love for you to check it out when you get a chance. www.hearmeroarblog.com.

    Keep blogging!
    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum! That looks so good! Definitely wanna copy down this recipe. Thanks for sharing! :)

    In His Overflowing Love,
    Maiden Princess

    ReplyDelete