Friday, July 15, 2011

Well, THAT was Certainly an Adventure!

Today I went for a routine allergy test and got a powerful reminder that no matter what we may plan, we're not the ones in control. I've had allergy tests before, so I'm used to the little pinpricks all down my arm. However, this time they also tested some foods instead of just pollen and I was definitely not used to the sudden dizziness, hives and mouth swelling. I am so thankful that God has blessed me with really good doctors! I'm fine now, just a little shaky and tired after all of that. Hopefully my writing makes sense. :)

As I've transitioned home from the outside workforce, I've gotten used to learning new homemaking skills (and improving the old ones)and as I plan out my days, it's very easy to get an illusory sense of control. This morning was not something I would ever wish on anyone, but it did shake me out of that complacency I had started to develop and reminded me that I am not my own and I do not control my own little corner of the world. And through it all I could feel God's presence and comfort so the reminder was powerful, but not unbearable.

3 comments:

  1. Amen! Sometimes God puts changes or bends in the road when we least expect them, but we can definitely be sure that HE is in control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could agree more with the comment by Kristen, there have been times I have hit one of those bends and got a big surprise, a wake call from God. reminding me to slow down and listen.

    Have a lovely week

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and so true! Thank you for the reminder that I need to be purposeful with my media time so that I won't be wasting precious time that I could be spending with my family! I'm guilty of spending too much time online instead of with family, and I guess, until reading this post,I had never really thought about or questioned it. I am seeing in my own heart that this is not God's best and am going to try to make time to get on when it's not taking away from my family instead! Thanks for the tips and encouragement!

    In His Overflowing Love,
    Maiden Princess

    ReplyDelete