Friday, August 12, 2011

Beautiful Creations

I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Psalm 139:14


Some days it's not easy to see beauty. It's easier to see that heat and humidity make my skin flush and my hair go crazy. Or that I don't weigh what I want to. Or I just plain don't feel good about myself some days.

And then I remember. When we insult ourselves, we insult God's creation. For we are indeed "fearfully and wonderfully made." This is something that has been taught me by parents, good pastors, wise friends, and it is something of which my husband reminds me often. Ridiculous of me to forget, but forget I do sometimes. I suppose it's good I have the reminders. After all, we are God's creation, the children He loves so much that He sent His son to die for us that we might be saved. And there's no way that's not beautiful.

------------
This was written in five minutes with no editing for Five Minute Fridays over at The Gypsy Mama.

4 comments:

  1. Great post!! So true! We all need reminders to appreciate what God has done for us, and be thankful!! I needed to read this post today! Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting! Have a fun weekend. Bonni from Mom by Example

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always so hard to remember that we are God's creation and His dwelling place when we are so bent on putting ourselves down. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In a world that constantly wants us to believe that we need to constantly be fixing ourselves to be more beautiful, to be more physically perfect, it's hard to accept that our Savior loves us just as we are, broken yet beautiful! He doesn't love us for what we do, He loves us because of who we are. We are His! Yet because He loves us, He won't leave us in our mire of sin, but gently pull us out and walk beside us on the path of life!

    Great thoughts!
    In His Love,
    Stephanie

    P.S. I finally got around to putting up that award you gave me on my blog. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete