Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Eggplant for Gina

My bloggy friend Gina was asking on Facebook today for eggplant recipes. I get the impression that she wants something a little healthier than my super-cheesy Eggplant Parmesan, so here is a yummy recipe that I got at a kitchen shower back when I got married. The lady who gave it to me put on a note on here telling me that it came from a church cookbook in Virginia Beach.

I didn't have any eggplant on hand, so there's no picture but here's the yummy recipe for...
Eggplant Casserole


3T olive oil
2 eggs
1 onion, chopped fine
1 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/4 tsp. sage
1/4 tsp. poultry seasoning
2 eggplants, sliced
2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 cup rye bread crumbs

1. Grease casserole dish with half of olive oil.
2. Mix eggs, onions, mushrooms, and seasoning together.
3. Alternate layers of eggplant, egg/onion mixture, and cheese, continuing in this manner until ending with cheese on top.
4. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and bake at 350 for 40 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh this sounds yummy! I almost bought an eggplant yesterday, but passed as I didn't know what to do with it. Now I know! :) Thank you for sharing this with us! :)

    Wishing you a very blessed day!
    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete