Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Homekeeper's Journal

So,what homemaking has been going on here lately? Well, plenty of it! In fact, today is the day for my Great Kitchen Deep Clean. My kitchen is in need of freshening up, so I'm going beyond my usual daily and weekly wipedowns and doing a really detailed cleaning from top to bottom.

And here's what else has been going on:

In my kitchen this week ………. Well, there's the big deep clean. I started early this morning and will get back to it in a minute. I'm starting with the ceiling fan and top of the fridge, and working my way down and around. I've also been cooking up all kinds of fresh produce this week because summer is the perfect time to eat all kinds of fresh, wonderful things. Tonight is going to be tomato salad night, I do believe because I'm almost overrun with cherry tomatoes of all colors.


Around the house …….My next big project is going to be ripping out ugly wallpaper that was here when we moved in and painting the main section of the house.


The family ….. My husband got promoted at his job, so we're very happy about that! I'm continuing to enjoy spending lots of time on and offline with my extended family, and things are starting to settle into a nice routine for us.

New projects …… Well, there are lots of babies on the way in my family, so I have all kinds of tiny little knitting projects to keep me occupied. I also tutor some folks from a local homeschooling group and so I'm working with families on what they will want me to cover. It's intimidating to be trusted with other people's children even if it's only a subject or two, but I'm also finding it exciting!

Ideas …… I have too much stuff and clutter. I think a good sort and trip to Goodwill is in order.

Light Bulb Moments …… When I'm doing what is God's will for me, that "swimming upstream" feeling seems to disappear. That's not to say there aren't challenges, but they're not quite the same sort of challenges as before.


3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your Home Keeper's journal. I may do this on my blog sometime.

    It sounds like you will be quite busy in your kitchen today. I have MAJOR deep cleaning to do as well, but until my shoulder and back pain heal, I'm very restricted to what I can do momentarily, ugh! It's very frustrating! :(

    Congrats on your husband getting a promotion at your job. Did you make a special dinner for him? :)

    That's great that you tutor homeschool children. I wish I could do something like that. :)

    Have a great day, and try not to work too hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound busy. And congratulations on your husbands promotion, you must be pleased.

    ReplyDelete