Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Midweek Links - Mentoring

For some time now, I've felt the need and the longing for that mentoring from older women that we read about in Titus 2. There are many wonderful resources written by wise women out there in blogland, but as helpful as they are, it's not the same as having a mentoring relationship. I had a wonderful mentor in college, and I miss that so much. Apparently I'm not the only one. I saw this post over at Sarah Mae's blog and while I'm not a mother, I could empathize with that need for community. And the following cry from the heart that appeared there definitely resonated with me when I first read it. (Many thanks to Noble Womanhood for highlighting this dialogue as I missed it the first time.)

Speaking of mentoring, Gina's blog is full of wonderful life lessons from someone with more experience and wisdom than I have. I find the letters feature where she tackles questions such as this one especially helpful. They seem to hit on a lot of those sticky areas that so many of us find our way into, and she handles them with wisdom.

Time-Warp Wife is another blog that I find very helpful and even though aimed at a bride-to-be, I found this advice helpful even for those of us married a little while.

I had originally planned to post this edition of Midweek Links earlier, but set it aside a bit. I'm glad I did and I can't help but see God's timing in it. Just this week, some bloggers whose sites I like and admire wrote a wonderful Titus 2 series and it's well worth reading. You can find more about it here, along with links to all the installments.

And just when I thought it was all about me finding a mentor in my Christian walk, along came this humbling reminder. And it's so true! So often I wonder, "Where's my older woman? I desperately need a mentor." However, I do not often enough go seeking out time with that younger woman who might have some questions of her own. I certainly don't have all the answers but I've screwed up enough times to learn a thing or two.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting! Mentorship is so important in the church today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the links, the one about the woman who had the affair was very sobering and a wonderful reminder to keep things above reproach. (o:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have the same thoughts. I've been in search for along time for my spiritual Momma! But, I too realized, that when I began to pour out in a younger generation, then I had a rush of wise Mommas come my way! In the physical and out in blogland! You may enjoy my most recent post! It's about my Titus 2 Girl! She makes my heart smile! So thankful for mentor-ship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too have been searching for a Titus 2 older woman but have not found one? I am beginning to think the Christian women in my life do not know I need one, which has also encouraged me to become one myself for a newly married lady or a new mama.
    You have a lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete