Last week I received two unexpected surprises. An old friend of mine happened to be passing through town - so of course we invited her and her baby to stay with us! We had a wonderful visit. Being able to catch up with someone that I've been missing a lot and no longer get to see regularly was such a wonderful blessing.
And then - I got a blog award! I wasn't expecting it, but I was very touched and flattered to get this Verstile Blogger Award from The Atypical Housewife
As I understand it, here is how the award works:
1. Link the person back who awarded you
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Answer the following questions below
4. Award this to 10 bloggers
Here are 7 things about myself:
1. I have red hair that is very wavy and a little crazy in its natural state.
2. I have a soft spot for all God's creatures, but especially for cats.
3. Even though major changes freak me out a little, God is good and I have really been enjoying my transition to full-time homemaker.
4. When I was 19, I took a break from college to serve as a missionary in a refugee camp in Eastern Europe.
5. I'm somewhat shy by nature, but I love being around people and learning from them.
6. I am every day amazed that people actually read my blog.
7. I have a major weakness for dark chocolate. Yum!
Name your favorite color-
Green - especially the mysterious dark shades
Name your favorite song-
This changes up a lot, but "Beautiful, Scandalous Night" by Sixpence None the Richer has been my earworm of late. You can hear it here.
Name your favorite dessert-
Dark chocolate mousse. Oh, and if there are berries on top, that would be wonderful!
What ticks you off-
Not too much, but I do get very upset when I see people mistreating the most vulnerable among us - animals, small children, the elderly or disabled, etc...
When you’re upset you-
Pray. I try to have enough sense to pray for wisdom in these situations, but sometimes I stumble there.
Your favorite pet-
I love all the cats in our menagerie. :)
Black or white-
Depends on what it's for. If we're speaking in the abstract, I am thankful that God has washed me white as snow. If we're talking of things to wear, I'd say neither because I like my colors more muted. Think grey or ivory rather than black or white.
Your biggest fear-
Oh, that varies from day to day. Sometimes I fear I will run out of things to write. Since I was actually regarded as quite successful in my "out of the home" job, I sometimes fear I'll be a failure as a homemaker.
Depends on who you ask. My husband would say it's my smile. My cats would say it's my skill at opening cans one-handed with rapid speed.
What is perfection-
Only God, only Jesus Christ, only the Holy Spirit
Though I read mostly literary fiction, history and Christian nonfiction, I'll admit to the occasional mystery novel or fluffy Christian romance.
And here are ten (10) blogs I want to give this award to. It was hard to choose, but since several of my bloggy friends have already gotten this award recently, that made it a little easier to narrow down. Congratulations!
1. Wildflower Cottage
2. Time-Warp Wife (This blog has been so very encouraging to me!)
3. Desiring Virtue (Jessalyn over at Desiring Virtue is truly a versatile blogger with all kinds of posts on everything from homemaking to theology.)
4. The Chuppies
5. Stop...Have a Chat
6. Our Simple Country Life
7. A Window Into my Heart
8. Daily on my Way to Heaven
9. The Writing on the Wall