1. Boil 1 cup chicken broth and then stir in 3/4 cup couscous.
2. Take the pan off heat and let sit, covered tightly, for about 5 minutes.
3. When you remove lid, all or almost all of the broth should be absorbed. Take the couscous and place in a bowl. Mix in about 1/3 cup of Italian dressing (If I don't have time to make my own, I normally use Annie's Naturals. I like my salads not to have very heavy dressing, but if you want more, you can always add more dressing.)
4. Refrigerate the couscous for at least 3-4 hours, or overnight.
5. Now the fun part - add veggies! I do this based on what we have in season, so last night I made this salad with halved cherry tomatoes, chopped up green pepper, and a can of sliced water chestnuts to give it some added crunch. In the spring, I will often do a variation of this salad with chopped spinach and shredded Parmesan cheese.