Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Blessings Overflow

It's been a stressful day. One of those sorts of days that makes one wonder why I even bothered getting out of bed.

The cat won't take her medicine, Mt. Everest has nothing on my laundry pile, and the county feels compelled to do something exceedingly loud in the street right outside my house. Nothing will go as planned.

We've all had these days, haven't we? You know exactly what I'm talking about!

And yet in the middle of it all...


...God is there. We have our Abba Father to whom we can go with all of our stresses and all of our cares. Our lives are full of messes and yet He is full of grace, forgiveness, and comfort.

When we bring our cares to Him, we are filled with His peace. And with that peace comes a reminder - He has fixed a place for us which is better than this. We have been saved from our sins and our focus now is shifted to something much bigger, much more eternal than the daily struggles of earthly life.

God's blessings are many and beautiful, more than we can count, but the promise of salvation is the greatest of them all.

Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

John 14:1-3

5 comments:

  1. I love this. It encouraged me so much! I too have my own Mt. Everest sitting on my floor!:) Nice to know I am not alone. Tis is exactly what I wrote about too. Even in those never seem to end kind of days we have to keep focused on the fact that God is good. We are alive. We have air to breathe. This crazy days are momentary compared to the glorious riches God has set aside for us! Praise God there is no laundry in heaven:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mt. Everest was perfect! Loved that! Laundry is my nemesis. Thanks for the encouragement. I hopped over from Holley's blog. Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote about something similar in my blog today. Putting Him in the front of everything for me means the rest of it doesn't really matter. Trust in Him, believe in Him and every worry and anxiety seems to melt away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy! I read your post at a time I needed it the most. What a relief! I felt the heaviness on my chest lighten. I feel like this is exactly what God is trying to tell me right now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise Him for that peace that passes all understanding!

    ReplyDelete