Friday, October 14, 2011

Catching My Breath

24 hours in a day, 60 minutes in a an hour - somehow it seems like each day has plenty of time for me to manage.

Until I get out of bed and jump into it.

And then time seems to speed up. There are chores to do, appointments to run relatives to, projects to complete. Sometimes the tide of things I need to do or things I should to threatens to overwhelm me.

And yet, at the center of it all, I can still hear that still, small voice. Telling me to sit at His feet, catch my breath, and most importantly, capture precious time for the One who is the most precious of all.

And then the tide of time seems livable again, somehow. I just needed to remember that it was never my own in the first place.

----------
This was written in five minutes with no editing for Five Minute Fridays over at The Gypsy Mama.

6 comments:

  1. I love how he always uses the *whirl and twirl* of our days to "catch" our attention. All. For. Purpose. Indeed!

    Rich blessings in your heart cry for your home to be joyful. Lean on Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be lyin gin that hammock- and resting at His feet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...I'd love to be in the hammock right about now as well! :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That still small voice amongst the hussle and bussle of life...such a wonderful reminder to stop and catch a breath!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. After my busy day in the garden I am now sitting quietly relaxing. It's always to find time to slow down and reflect.

    ReplyDelete