Friday, October 7, 2011

The Ordinary Wonders

Not all of my fondest memories involve the incredible. Some of those amazing moments that make up great memories are so ordinary.

Playing games of make believe with my cousins under trees in a sunlit field.

Afternoons spent curled up with a good book and a contented, purring cat.

A good cup of tea, the smell of a special dinner cooking, smiling up into the snow falling down around me, the sounds of a good friend's laughter or the feeling of my husband's arms around me.

Some of the sweetest moments that make up life come from things most people would call ordinary. That's part of what makes peeking into friends' lives so special. We can relate to each other's stories of moments savored, adorable child and pet adventures, everyday kindnesses that never fail to bring a smile.

These sorts of ordinary and everyday things make all the frustrations of a day somehow seem a little less irksome. Think about it. Aren't the ordinary joys of life wonderful and sweet?

-----------
This was written in five minutes with no editing for Five Minute Fridays over at The Gypsy Mama.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Amy - I'm visiting from 5 minute friday. Love this post. I also enjoy a good cuppa tea, especially an undisturbed one. Those "ordinary" moments are often the special ones.
    God bless
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - our most ordinary really is extraordinary when we take the time to see it for what it truly is. Kids in the bath, books at bedtime, the daily mundane is rich in blessing.

    Stopping by from Gypsy Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved hearing about your "ordinary" moments. It's true though, it's those little things that can make life special and interesting. We shouldn't forget them nor take them for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You a completely right, it's the small things that are the most important and the ones we treasure. Because they are things we haven't planned, they often come by surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is the simple things that make me so happy, too. Excited to meet you in the blogging world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the comment on my blog about my baptism...not sure if i thanked u already lol :)

    ReplyDelete