Sunday, November 27, 2011

Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus

Today is the first Sunday of Advent. This time to reflect upon the days leading up to the birth of Christ is a soul-satisfying time of year for me, and I try not to let the absolute wonder of God's gift to us be lost in the noise of the commercialized version of the Christmas season. This time of year is always a deep time of prayer for me, and I love to listen to the music of Advent and Christmas.

And I love to share it, too! I'll still be posting other things, but I will be posting some Advent and Christmas music for everyone to enjoy as well. I hope that you will be blessed by its message and by the beauty of the music as we anticipate the celebration of Jesus' birth.

Since today is the first Sunday of Advent, I can think of no more appropriate song than, "Come, Thou Long-Expected Jesus." I have heard this carol sung to a number of different tunes, but the version set to the classic hymn tune, "Hyfrydol" is my favorite. So, here is Twila Paris singing Charles Wesley's classic hymn.

1 comment:

  1. I love this song! I hope you post more of them.

    ReplyDelete