Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I'm Being Dragged into the Modern Age!

I've heard it said that since I was under 25 when this century began, I should be embracing of new technologies. Um...maybe we shouldn't be so fast on those generalizations. I was the last holdout among my friends to get an email account (and that was just because a professor required it). I still write letters, I don't have an iPhone, and I just got my laptop last year.

I started blogging in May and figured I'd never wind up on Facebook. As you can see from my sidebar, I'm there now. Then I thought Facebook might be a fun way to interact with bloggers and readers that I was starting to become friends with, but I decided Twitter would just be too much time commitment on my part. Are we sensing a theme here?

I had a little below-the-radar Twitter account just so that I could enter a contest this fall, and I kept meaning to delete it. And every time I went to do it, I could just hear a little voice holding me back. I've prayed about it for the last month and even though I still have concerns about the time commitment, I am officially up on Twitter! In offline life, I tend to be one of those people who likes to be listening to conversations but I don't always talk a lot, so I'm not sure how much I'll be tweeting (famous last words). I figure I'll see where God leads me and if you tweet, you'll find me at @JoyfulHomeAmy. I'd love to hear from you!

4 comments:

  1. I too am not entirely crazy about Twitter and while I have one, I only post blog posts automatically. What really impressed me about your post is your following of the Spirit's leading! It will be interesting to see how God uses your Twitter account :0)
    Ann
    www.stringermama.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your honest treatise on this topic. I too hesitate to embrace new technology but my passion for Christ and spreading His word has me dipping my toes in all kinds of unfamiliar waters. (new follower on your blog, FB and twitter. I came over from (in)courage)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I' have a Facebook page which I use to keep up to date with family members and it works well for that purpose but I've not really got into Twitter. I do have an account but I don't comment, but it is useful for the latest news stories as stories often come up very quickly as things happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice post thanks for sharing..loves...

    ReplyDelete