Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Midweek Links - Adoption Edition

Since adoption has been on my mind all this week already, I thought I'd round it out with some interesting reading I've found around the web. I hope these reads encourage you, too.

First of all, I thought this piece by Kara over at The Chuppies was just a beautiful reflection on adoption. Warning: You will not be able to read this without tearing up!

And then there are those who are still waiting to adopt. Every week or so, Ashley Wells from Putting God First Place puts up updates about her own family's journey to adoption. She has been so real and vulnerable, both on her blog and in her recent ebook, and I really like visiting her site and praying for her future adoption along the way.

I know that not everyone is called to adopt a special needs child, but my own life has been touched by knowing a few very special families who brought children with various special needs into their families. For this reason, I am thankful that a group like Reese's Rainbow exists. They not only help pair families up with children, but they offer opportunities for those of us who are not adoptive parents ourselves to pray for and to help support those who adopt. And they have their Angel Tree up now!

And lastly, just as we are not all called to serve in the same exact capacity within the body of Christ, the church, we do not all have the same callings when it comes to adoption. This article from Ligonier Ministries discusses how we and our churches can involve ourselves in adoption and orphan care issues. For someone interested in the issue, but not sure where she (or he) is called to serve, this is a very inspiring read full of good ideas!

Thank you for being with me as I blog about some very serious adoption stuff that's been on my heart. I think tomorrow might be a little lighter. I might even cook for you!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the kind words and link to our story...can't tell you what it meant to read from your perspective...
    Love,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet. Thanks for sharing about our adoption updates!

    I loved reading your posts this week!

    ReplyDelete