Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Midweek Links - Thanksgiving!

Wow - I knew I'd be late posting today, but I hadn't realized I'd be this late. I got a little busy and lost track of time.

However, as Thanksgiving draws near, I've been thinking of the many things I'm thankful for. My family, the chance to gather with cousins, aunts and uncles, and other extended family dear to me next week, a snug roof over my head, a loving husband, the chance to meet lovely bloggers online and to find good reads both encouraging and sometimes deeply challenging, and most of all - a loving Savior that I find myself walking with in ways I never dreamed and now cherish deeply.

Out of all of this abundance, not only do I give thanks but it seems right to me to give. And I think that not only are we called upon to be generous with our resources but also to lift up others in prayer. These are some of my favorite places to give, sometimes financially and sometimes in prayer. I hope these folks inspire you, too!

- Can you imagine what it would be like to have that God-shaped hole inside you, waiting to to be filled and you don't even have the Scripture available in your own language so that you can study God's Word? There is a program out there called OneVerse which is dedicated to getting the Bible translated into those languages which do not have it. Their site is full of information on how to pray over these projects and we can also sponsor verses for translation at $26 per verse.

- I first found out about World Vision through my church, and their Christmas catalog of gifts that we can give to families of the world is wonderful. Everything from access to drinking water to farm animals to school materials. You can find the catalog here.

- It's easy to live our lives without noticing the poor and the marginalized in this country. I've tried to become more conscious of it, and as I have, I've become aware of some truly desperate stories here in my own community. For that reason, I make a point of giving to my local food bank. For my readers in the United States, you can find your local food bank here.

- Packing shoeboxes for Operation Christmas Child is an annual tradition around here. And it's collection week!

- And I know I've mentioned Reece's Rainbow before, but special needs kids are very much on my heart. And the Angel Tree has gone live for this Christmas season!
----

I hope everyone has a very happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment