Friday, December 16, 2011

The Dream Isaiah Saw

The wolf shall dwell with the lamb,
and the leopard shall lie down with the young goat,
and the calf and the lion and the fattened calf together;
and a little child shall lead them.

- Isaiah 11:6
I will freely admit to my love for old hymns and classical church music. I like some more modern songs as well, but at Christmas I especially have a soft spot for the classics. However, I heard a new piece at a Christmas concert that really captured my attention with its pretty melody and references to the prophecy found in Isaiah 11.

"The Dream Isaiah Saw" was written in the aftermath of 9/11, and it's a beautiful reminder of what we are promised in the coming of Christ. I couldn't find too many versions of this online, but here is a nice one from the choir at Alma College in Michigan.

1 comment:

  1. So nice to see a college choir! I haven't heard this song -- I can imagine how lovely it would be in person.

    ReplyDelete