Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Magnificat

When I was old enough to start really thinking about the story of Mary's visit with the angel, the many emotions behind the story started to creep into my mind. I imagined what it must have been like to be a young girl, probably a teenger, and to be told that I was going to somehow get pregnant with son who would be the Son of God.

What would my reaction be? Fear? Denial? Shock too deep for words?

But not Mary - Mary responded with a deep faith and simply said, "...be it unto me according to thy word."(from Luke 1:38)

And the immortal words of her exaltation later on in Luke 1 are just beautiful, which is one reason why I chose to play Keith and Kristyn Getty's Magnificat tonight.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful song! I've never heard of the artists before, but they're really quite good. When I was in high school, our concert choir sang "The Magnificat" but it was nothing like this version. It was all in latin. Somehow, I much prefer knowing what the words mean. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by my blog and that's so fun that your mom loves squirrels! They're such neat little creations.

    ReplyDelete