Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Midweek Links - More Advent

This post, from a series over at Simply Striving, challenged me. What does it mean to truly behold Jesus? I had to stop and think about that for a little while, and to wonder whether I really do behold Him often enough.

This piece from Everyday Ordinary Dawnings is a wonderful read, too. The author shares her own memories of giving birth near Christmas and how that made her think differently of the birth of Jesus.

Have any of you wrestled with how to bring true meaning into your Christmas traditions? That has been a challenge for me this year. I loved this idea from Desiring Virtue about how to create a more meaningful kind of Christmas tree.

In my Christmas preparations, I've been trying to keep things simple and Christ-focused, but I find that engaging all of the senses makes for a deeper experience. And this Christmas potpourri sounds like a gorgeous way to make the whole house smell like Christmas.

And if you're looking for more inspiration and ideas for your Christmas traditions and decorating, I loved this collection of ideas over at A Wise Woman Builds Her Home. She has a link in the post to her Pinterest board, which has even more ideas. I really want to make some of those Linzer cookies, and I like the idea of displaying seasonal Bible verse plaques.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Amy, you made my day :)
    Thanks for the link love.
    And great posts that I now need to check out -- thank you!
    Merry Christmas to you and yours!
    ~nikki

    ReplyDelete