Sunday, December 11, 2011

More From Handel's Messiah

Last night I had a chance to go see a live performance of Handel's Messiah at the Carpenter Center in Richmond. It was a wonderful, wonderful evening. If you have a chance to see this beautiful work performed in person, I highly recommend it.

Since I was away last night and didn't decide until after the show which portion of Messiah I wanted to post, I'm posting Saturday's song a little bit late. However, this portion of the oratorio ("Behold, a virgin shall conceive..") is so beautiful that I think it's worth the wait. The performance is by the King's College Choir of Cambridge, with soloist Alice Coote.

2 comments:

  1. I had the opportunity to experience a live performance of Handel's Messiah about a decade ago. It was by far the most powerful musical performance I have ever experienced!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kasey, that was so true for me, too. I've been to a few classical performances, but there is just nothing like this amazing oratorio. There were some passages that just gave me chills!

    ReplyDelete