Friday, December 16, 2011

My Lifeline

El Dia des Muertos - Riviera Maya 1 Nov 2011 Connected. That's what I feel here on this earth. Some days I feel it and see it more clearly than others, and I know that this is not my home. Deep down in my soul, I know that I am connected to the place my Father has prepared for me and I just hope that here on earth I can live in such a way that people will see the One I am connected to.

At times I worry about maintaining that connection. I delude myself into thinking that it's mine to take care of and I take responsibility all onto myself. And that's when I start to realize the truth. My connection to God is a gift and it comes from Him. The Holy Spirit in my life reminding me Who I belong to and what He has promised to His children. That Love that will not let me go, no matter how much I rebel. That One who has admonished, "Come to me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." And somehow being tied to Someone so much greater than my sinful self makes the collection of things I do from day to day take on meaning because now I'm not the only one I'm living for.
--------------
This was written in five minutes with no editing for Five Minute Fridays over at The Gypsy Mama.

6 comments:

  1. Some days certainly are more "connected" than others, aren't they? I have to remind myself that faith is a journey, not a destination. Wishing you a beautiful Five Minute Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First let me say...my oldest name is Amy...love it...and I talked about life line in my post as well...
    I love.."I can live in such a way that people will see the One I am connected to"...Amen
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my hope, too: "I just hope that here on earth I can live in such a way that people will see the One I am connected to." Praying this with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love that, connected to God's heart, to eternity by the Holy Spirit. Is there a greater bond, a greater connection in all of life?! I love that moments on earth are connected to forever, they matter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you share that this connectedness is a gift from God, and His love won't let us go. Oh-- so thankful for that, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "My connection to God is a gift and it comes from Him."

    So true. It's good to be reminded now and again that our connect to God is His gift to us.

    Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete