Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pace Yourself!

Life is messy. Our days are filled with all kinds of good and not-so-good things to attend to, and it doesn’t all fit into neat, organized little squares (or at least MY life sure doesn’t!). Sometimes things work out, but it will never be perfect so long as we live in this fallen world.

And sometimes, in this less than perfect world, I find myself feeling very burned out. I suspect that you do, too. This time of year can be a major burnout season if we’re not careful. There’s always one more social event, one more gift to buy, one more moment I want to snatch to meditate on what this beautiful Christmas time of year really means – and that’s in addition to all the usual bits and pieces that make up this beautiful mess we call life....



---------
Do you want to know more about pacing yourself during the holidays? You can find the rest of this story HERE at Desiring Virtue.

6 comments:

  1. I really needed to read this, as I am feeling a bit stressed with plans for the holidays not working-out quite to schedule.

    I truly wish that Christmas could be much simpler without all the "hustle and bustle" of so many things. I believe that it would make things much more enjoyable!

    Great post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy, I have been visiting, I just haven't had the time to leave comments:( Very true, people run about at this time of the year and by the time Christmas Day arrives they are exhausted and can't really enjoy it to any degree. Starting a little earlier does make a big differences.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Amy. It's so easy to burnout in the never-ending treadmill of life, let alone during the holidays. That's why it's so important we remember the reason we're here and what Christmas is about -- it's not about all the holiday parties and gifts. I hope you stay plenty rested! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it is definitely good to pace yourself at this time of year--very difficult though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree. That's why I started early and made a plan. I've been finished with the buying, wrapping and Christmas card sending - for more than 2 weeks now. I can fully relax and enjoy my children and husband and not feel rushed and burnt out. I think a lot of people pressure themselves into feeling they have to take part in all the activities. My husband and I talked about this and decided what was really important to us - and let everything else go. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Amy,

    Are you going to do the next Good Morning Girls study? I came across a girl who wanted to make a group of stay-at-home wives (without children) and I've decided to join. I thought of you also and thought I'd let you know (you may have already joined!!).

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete