Sunday, December 4, 2011

Psalm 123

I know it's not a passage normally associated with Advent, but I read Psalm 121 recently and in light of this season, it really struck me anew. The psalmist sings of the God of the old covenant and praises His steadfast love for His people, Israel. And at this time of year, one cannot avoid remembering that our help does indeed come from the Lord. Were it not for Jesus, whose birth we prepare to celebrate, we would all still be dead in our sins. In light of that, knowing that my help comes from the Lord takes on all new meaning. And this recording by Michael Card was too beautiful not to share.



I lift up my eyes to the hills.
From where does my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
who made heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot be moved;
he who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, he who keeps Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

The LORD is your keeper;
the LORD is your shade on your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
nor the moon by night.

The LORD will keep you from all evil;
he will keep your life.
The LORD will keep
your going out and your coming in
from this time forth and forevermore

- Psalm 121

2 comments:

  1. I love Michael Card! The way he turns the poetry of Scripture into music is just amazing! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a scripture I find such comfort in, added it to my Scripture Memory Book. Lovely post & video!

    ReplyDelete