Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Wexford Carol


You'll probably notice that I've been sticking primarily to Advent music so far. I had planned to stay away from the songs designed more specifically for Christmas Day until the day itself grew closer.

However, my grandma died very recently, and so this particular song has been on my mind. I have it on my iPod, and this particular recording is one that she enjoyed whenever I played it. I was so glad that the same version was up on YouTube for the world to enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. A lovely voice and special lyrics. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear of your grandmothers passing. At least there is great comfort knowing she is with her Father in heaven.

    This carol is one I've never heard, and was struck by how beautiful it is! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete