Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Midweek Links - Cold Season edition

It's been unseasonably warm here in Virginia, so I thought I'd largely escaped cold and flu season. Erm...maybe not. I'm getting over a head cold at the moment, so I found myself reading up on all things cold and flu.

Over the counter cough syrups tend to make me really sluggish, so I was very interested to see this homemade cough syrup tutorial from Jill's Home Remedies. I'm definitely going to try this out.

In the "Ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" department, I also like the idea of this immune system-boosting vegetable broth from Little Natural Cottage.

Since sometimes it can be hard to figure out the difference between allergies, colds or flu, I found this article on one of the Lifeway blogs helpful. It's aimed at parents, but in my personal experience, many of these observations seem to hold true for adults as well.

And I'm sure everyone has heard advice about washing hands often during cold and flu season. A lot of the usual drugstore soaps dry my hands out, but I've found some good soaps online that don't. And many of them smell so nice that I enjoy them all the more! My latest little splurge was an order from Vintage Handmade Soaps. Heather's soaps smell wonderful, and I like how they clean without turning my hands dry and rough.

I hope everyone stays healthy this winter!

1 comment:

  1. I am totally loving all your homemade stuff! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete