Thursday, March 8, 2012

Stepping Out in Faith

A day I’ve had marked on my calendar is finally here. I’m about to finish my last day at my old job.

I don’t do this without mixed feelings. I have some good memories of that place and of my co-workers, and I learned a lot. However, it was also something that took more from my life and my marriage than I could justify giving because instead of helping me to serve Christ and others, it started to keep me from living as God called me to live. Even so, I’ll miss some of the community that I had there for a season. And, while my husband and I did lots of planning, I have to admit that there’s something about not having a regular paying job, benefits, and a title that just feels unsettling in this modern world.
------------------------
Today I'm posting over at Desiring Virtue. Won't you come join us and read more?

1 comment:

  1. Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
    and lean not on your own understanding.
    In all your ways acknowledge Him
    and He will make your paths straights.
    Proverbs 3:5,6

    Go well.

    ReplyDelete