about 2/3 - 3/4 pound of carrots, onions and celery, coarsely chopped
1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (I use White Lily, but most brands work fine)
6 cups chicken stock, either homemade or from a base (if you use bouillion, try to find one without MSG) 1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. salt
pepper to taste
3 cups chopped, cooked chicken breast
about 4 oz. of frozen peas, thawed
1. Melt butter on medium heat, add veggies and turn temperature up to medium-high. Stir and cook until vegetables begin to soften, 7-10 minutes.
3. Add 1 cup stock to the pasty mixture and stir until smooth.
4. Keep adding stock 1/2 - 1 cup at a time, stirring until smooth, until all stock has been added.
6. Slowly stir in heavy cream, and add salt and pepper.
7. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in peas 10-12 minutes before serving.
A note on the biscuits: Just about any drop biscuit recipe will do here. I've made this with everything from superfast Bisquik biscuits to the made-from-scratch variety. They're all good with this chicken sauce. I will normally set the chicken aside after it's cooked, make up my biscuits, and then add the peas to the chicken sauce while the biscuits bake. After that, serving up the dish is easy. Enjoy!