Monday, April 22, 2013

Sharing on Infertility

Image from aroyaldaughter.com

This week is National Infertility Awareness Week.  That's probably not a remembrance many of us want to celebrate.  For those who have walked this painful road, infertility can be isolating, scary and sometimes even a challenge to our faith. It can be hard to find God's purpose in a life where we don't have those pregnancies and children we long for, but God is there nevertheless.

I have written some about my own infertility struggle here on this blog at various times and reviewed a book on the issue. Today, as part of National Infertility Awareness week, I am so honored to be able to share with others as Amanda over at A Royal Daughter discusses Lies Women Believe about Infertility.  There are some emotional and encouraging testimonies over there from several women, and I encourage you to check them out HERE.

As we move through this week, what are some ways that you can think of to encourage brothers and sisters in Christ who struggle with infertility? Have you faced an infertility struggle yourself? How did God show Himself to you there?

5 comments:

  1. Amy, thank you so much for your honesty and heart as you share your struggles. You are such a blessing. I know God is using you for His glory and to further His kingdom. I'm still praying for you :) Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for supporting this cause! My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for the past two years and while the physical demands have been taxing (pills, shots, etc.), I think the emotional toll is even more draining. We are now the only couple in our bible study without kids and we're only 30 years old! You feel everyone staring at you, wondering why you're being "selfish" and not starting a family (we actually had someone ask us that question...so not supportive)! Your blog lifted my spirits and reminded me that I'm not alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to stop by and visit your blog. I'm also one of the woman that shared on Amanda's blog today. I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your willingness to share your painful journey. We all need to be encouraged by each other's struggles and triumphs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not struggled with infertility but I can imagine the pain. Since I want to be married and have kids, but have so far been unable to have those blessings. (Heck, for all I know, I am infertile, but I don't know yet because I haven't even been able to try - and in any case I know my odds for struggling with it go up every year I go unmarried). My aunt and some close family friends struggled with infertility though, in an age before the now common fertility treatments. I was blessed to know a lot of adopted children growing up. . . Anyway, thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete